Your initial session will include the following:
- 2 part detailed assessment:
- Non – physical assessment: to gather details about the problem, how the problem affects your activities/sport/work, your medical history, results of tests/investigations, medication and allergies.
- Physical assessment: to establish how the problem affects your movement, strength and functioning and to help diagnosis of the disorder.
- A diagnosis of the problem.
- Agree clear goals
- An individualised treatment approach to your condition. This may include hands on treatment, advice on self management of the condition and exercise prescription as appropriate. This can then be progressed in your follow up session/s as required.
Treatments could include:
- Acupuncture – dry needling, acupressure and cupping
- Aids, equipment and splints
- Ergonomic advice
- Exercise prescription
- Health education
- Lifestyle intervention program
- Massage – sports, aromatherapy, Swedish, trigger point
- Mobilisation and manipulation
- Occupational Health advice
- Pain management strategies
- Postural correction
Physiotherapy is proven to help in many acute conditions and also with many ongoing long term conditions. No need for doctor/consultant referral.